‘CM Learn and Earn scheme’ launched by MP Govt
The Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh, Shivraj Singh Chouhan is set to launch a Learn and Earn program that will equip young people with skills that are highly sought-after by employers. A total of 703 training areas have been identified for the scheme.
About the ‘CM Learn and Earn scheme’:
- The program offers an incentive of Rs 8,000 to 10,000 allowance in addition to acquiring new skills.
- The initiative aims to provide training to 100,000 young people, and registrations for both training establishments and learners are now open.
- According to Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, the government is committed to connecting young people with job opportunities. Successful participants of the program will begin working on August 1st.
Feature and Government Commitments:
- As part of the Chief Minister’s Learn and Earn program, young people will receive an allowance of Rs 8,000 to 10,000.
- The government has identified 703 work areas for training and aims to train at least one lakh youth.
- The registration process for training providers will begin on June 7th, while registration for youth interested in learning work will begin on June 15th.
- The youth selected for training will start working on August 1st.
- Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has emphasised the government’s commitment to bridging the gap between youth and employment.
- The Learn and Earn scheme is a proactive measure designed to equip young individuals with necessary skills.
- The program aims to train at least one lakh youth, and the registration process for training providers and interested youth will begin on June 7th and June 15th, respectively.
- The selected youth will begin their work on August 1st, creating a structured timeline for skill development and employment opportunities.
About Madhya Pradesh:
- Following Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh is the second biggest state in India in terms of area.
- As per the Indian Forest Status Report 2021, it boasts the maximum forest coverage in the country when it comes to land area, with forests covering 25.14% of its territory.
- The state is governed by Governor Mangubhai Patel and led by Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, with Bhopal acting as its capital city.