In the latest FIFA Men’s World Rankings update, India has been ranked 99th, showing progress in international football. The Indian team, known as the Blue Tigers, recently achieved notable victories, securing both the Intercontinental Cup and the SAFF Championship. Their impressive performance led to a one-spot climb in the rankings.
In the 2023 Intercontinental Cup, India emerged as champions by defeating Lebanon with a convincing 2-0 scoreline in the thrilling final match. Following this success, they continued their winning streak and clinched their ninth SAFF title in a row.
These achievements reflect India’s growing prowess in football and indicate the team’s dedication and hard work. With their continued success on the international stage, Indian football is on the rise, and the future looks promising for the Blue Tigers.
FIFA Ranking, Important Facts about Indian Football Team
- India’s highest FIFA ranking ever was 94, achieved back in February 1996. Interestingly, the top ten rankings remain unchanged, dominated entirely by European and South American teams.
- In the Asian football landscape, India holds the 18th position, not being among the top-ranked teams in the region. The leading Asian team is Japan, ranked 20th globally, with Iran following closely behind.
- This information highlights India’s historical achievement and their current position in Asian football, with Japan and Iran currently leading the way. The top ten rankings are still dominated by football powerhouses from Europe and South America.
FIFA Ranking, Globally ranking
- In the latest FIFA rankings, Argentina continues to hold the top spot, followed by France and Brazil in second and third place, respectively. The next positions are closely contested by England, Belgium, and Croatia, securing the 4th, 5th, and 6th ranks.
- Notably, several teams in the lower positions have shown significant improvement. The Cayman Islands climbed four spots to 193rd place, while Gibraltar also rose four places to 198th. Additionally, Aruba and Liechtenstein both made impressive gains, moving up four positions each to 199th and 200th place, respectively.
- These updates in the rankings demonstrate the current standing of the top teams in international football, as well as the progress made by some nations in the lower ranks, making the competition more exciting and diverse.