The Union Finance & Corporate Affairs Minister Niramla Sitharaman has announced the relief package under Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana. The new relief package under Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana has been launched for the poor to help them fight the battle against Corona Virus pandemic.
Here are the key benefeciaries of the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana:
- The scheme will benefit the poors by providing an ex-gratia of Rs 500 per month to 20.40 crores PMJDY women account-holders. The amount would be given for the next three months.
- The scheme will benefit the 8 crore poor families by providing them Gas cylinders free of cost for the next three months.
- The scheme will benefit 8.7 crore farmers. It will ensure the payment of the first instalment of Rs 2,000 which was due in 2020-21, in April 2020 itself under the PM KISAN Yojana.
- The scheme will benefit the low wage-earners earning below Rs 15,000 per month in businesses comprising less than 100 workers. Government of India has proposed to pay 24% of their monthly wages into their PF accounts for the next three months.
- The scheme will benefit 3 crore aged widows and people in Divyang category by giving them Rs 1,000 to overcome the difficulties during the next three months.
- The scheme will benefit the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Gurantee Act (MNREGA) workers as their wages would be increased by Rs 20 with effect from 1 April, 2020. This will provide an additional benefit of Rs 2,000 annually to a worker.
- The scheme will benefit women who are organised through 63 lakhs Self Help Groups (SHGs) by increasing the collateral free lending from Rs 10 lakhs to Rs 20 lakhs.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Minister of State in the Ministry of Finance and the Ministry of Corporate Affairs: Anurag Singh Thakur.