The facility for instant allotment of Permanent Account Number (PAN) has been formally launched by the Union Minister for Finance & Corporate Affairs Nirmala Sitharaman. This facility has been rolled out on near to real time basis. The PAN applicants who has a valid Aadhaar number and have a mobile number registered with Aadhaar will be able to avail the recently launched facility. After the launch of this new facility, the allotment process is paperless and an electronic PAN (e-PAN) will be issued to the applicants free of cost. Launching this facility will create further ease of compliance to the taxpayers.
The process of applying for instant PAN is as follows:
- The instant PAN applicant will access the e-filing website of the Income Tax Department to provide her/his valid Aadhaar number
- The applicant is required to submit the OTP received on her/his Aadhaar registered mobile number.
- After successful completion of this process, the applicant will receive a 15-digit acknowledgment number.
- The applicant will be able to check the status of the request anytime by providing her/his valid Aadhaar number
- After the successful allotment, the applicant will be able to download the e-PAN.
The e-PAN will also be sent to the applicant on her/his email id, if it is registered with Aadhaar.