The first G20 International Financial Architecture Working Group Meeting where participants will discuss ways to enhance stability and cohesion of the global financial architecture and how to make it fit to address the global financial architecture and how to make it fit to address the global challenges of the 21st century.
The meeting will also focus on exploring ways to provide maximum support to poor and vulnerable countries.
G20 International Financial Architecture Working Group in Chandigarh- Key Points
- About 100 delegates from G20 countries, invitee countries, and international organizations will be participating in the two-day meeting.
- Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Narendra Singh Tomar and Ministry of Food Processing Industries Pashupati Kumar Paras will inaugurate the meeting.
- The discussions during the meeting will be jointly steered by the ministry of finance and the Reserve Bank of India along with France and Korea who are the co-chair of the International Financial Architecture Working Group.
- A G30 side event titled ‘Central Bank Digital Currencies (CBDC): Opportunities and Challenges will also be held.
- The event is aimed at sharing countries’ experiences and developing a deeper understanding of the macro-prudential implications of CBCDs.
- India assumed the G20 Presidency for one year on 1 December 2022.
- The G20 is an intergovernmental forum of the world’s major developed and developing economies.