Google announced a startup accelerator program for women founders. The program will help them address challenges such as fundraising and hiring. Google for Startups Accelerator India – Women Founders will run from Jul-2022 to Sep-2022. The program is part of a larger effort by Google towards improving the representation of women across different sections of India’s digitally-trained workforce — be it entrepreneurship, professionals looking to upskill or young graduates seeking a headstart on their career.
Key points of the program:
- The inaugural batch of the ‘Google for Startups Accelerator – India Women Founders’ will accept up to 20 women-founded / co-founded startups in the country, and support them through a three-month program.
- The program will place special focus on areas like access to networks, capital, hiring challenges, mentorship, and other areas which, for a variety of social reasons and low representation, prove challenging for female founders.
- The selected Startups will receive mentorship and support around AI/ML, Cloud, UX, Android, Web, Product Strategy and Growth. In addition to mentorship and technical project support, the accelerator includes deep dives and workshops focused on product design, customer acquisition, and founders’ leadership development.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Google CEO: Sundar Pichai;
- Google Founded: 4 September 1998;
- Google Headquarters: Mountain View, California, United States.