Govt shuffles cabinet: Kiren Rijiju exited as Union Law Minister
Kiren Rijiju has exited as Union Law Minister and will now take up the portfolio of Ministry of Earth Sciences. Arjun Ram Meghwal has been assigned the independent charge as Minister of State in the Ministry of Law and Justice in addition to his existing portfolios. Rijiju took over as the Law and Justice Minister on July 8, 2021. Prior to this, he served as the Minister of State (Independent Charge) of Youth Affairs and Sports from May 2019 to July 2021. Union Minister Jitendra Singh was holding charge of the Ministry of Earth Sciences.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
The President of India, as advised by the Prime Minister, has been pleased to direct the following reallocation of portfolios among Ministers in the Union Council of Ministers :
- The portfolio of Ministry of Earth Sciences be assigned to Shri Kiren Rijiju.
- Shri Arjun Ram Meghwal, Minister of State be assigned the independent charge as Minister of State in the Ministry of Law and Justice in addition to his existing portfolios, in place of Shri Kiren Rijiju.”
Kiren Rijiju is an Indian politician from Arunachal Pradesh who has served in various ministerial positions in the Government of India. Rijiju’s past portfolios include:
- Minister of State for Home Affairs (2014-2019)
- Minister of State for Minority Affairs (2019-2021)
- Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Youth Affairs and Sports (2019-2021)
- Cabinet Minister of Law and Justice (2021-2023)
You may also read this: