The Chief Minister of Maharashtra, Uddhav Thackeray has launched a state-wide campaign titled, ‘My Family, My Responsibility’, to curb the spread of coronavirus pandemic. The campaign will be conducted in two phases. The first phase of the campaign will end on October 10 and the second phase will take place between October 12 to 24.
Under the campaign:
- The door-to-door survey will be conducted by the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC), to check the citizens for fever, low oxygen levels and other Covid-19 symptoms.
- The campaign will aim to achieve effective health care education for the control of Covid-19 outbreak.
- Public representatives and NGO volunteers will be roped in for the campaign and volunteers will go door to door to check the citizens for fever, low oxygen levels and other Covid-19 symptoms.
- Working hours of employees in private offices will be staggered and they are to be called to work on alternate days and must work from home as much as possible. Offices have been asked to adopt digital methods to avoid human contact. Video conferencing systems must be used for meetings and the health of all employees must be prioritised.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Chief Minister of Maharashtra: Uddhav Thackeray; Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari.