Maharashtra to provide free insurance cover premium to its people

The Maharashtra government has announced the inclusion of state’s whole population under the Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Jan Aarogya Yojana. According to the announcement, state will provide free health treatment to cent per cent population of the state. With this inclusion, Maharashtra has become India’s first state to provide free and cashless insurance premium to the people of the state.

Click Here To Get Test Series For SBI PO 2020

At present, Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Jan Arogya Yojana is covering 85% of the state’s population. With the latest announcement, the benefits of the scheme have been extended towards the remaining 15% people of state. The latest announcement enables the state government, semi-government employees as well as the white ration card holders to apply for this scheme. Under the scheme, people in the state can avail the benefits of free and cashless health insurance. People needs documents such as ration card and domicile certificate to apply for the scheme.

Important takeaways for all competitive exams:

  • Chief Minister of Maharashtra: Uddhav Thackeray; Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari.

Find More State In News Here


Download success!

Thanks for downloading the guide. For similar guides, free study material, quizzes, videos and job alerts you can download the Adda247 app from play store.


Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *