Meenakashi Lekhi, the Minister of State for Culture of India participated in the G20 Culture Ministers’ Meeting on behalf of the Government of India. The two-day meeting was hosted by Italy on July 29 and 30 July 2021, during their ongoing Presidency of G20 in 2021. At the end of the discussions, the G20 Ministers of Culture adopted the G20 Culture Working Group Terms of Reference.
The main topic of discussion were:
- Protection of Cultural Heritage;
- Addressing the Climate Crisis through Culture;
- Building Capacity through Training and Education;
- Digital Transition and New Technologies for Culture; and
- Culture and Creative Sectors as drivers for growth.