‘Namaste Orchha’ festival begins in Orchha, a town in Niwari district of Madhya Pradesh. Orchha is a famous tourist destination popular for its Ramaraja temple as well as other historical buildings. The festival aims to create new opportunities to promote the rich cultural, natural and architectural heritage, traditions and history of the state.
Highlights of the Namaste Orchha festival:
- “Namaste Orchha festival will exhibit the cultural landscape of Madhya Pradesh through a series of activities such as art, music, dance, guided history tours and photography.
- The tourists will be provided with the special helicopter services from Gwalior to Orchha and Orchha to Gwalior.
- During the festival, Kisan Mela and business meets will be organized.
- The festival will feature food and crafts bazaar containing local cuisine and traditional handicrafts of the region.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh : Kamal Nath.
- Governor of Madhya Pradesh: Lal Ji Tandon.