Neighboring Countries of India
India is the second most populated country in the world and it is located near the Bay of Bengal and the Arabian sea. The neighboring countries of India are China, Nepal, Bhutan, Pakistan, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, and Bangladesh. India shares its coastline border with Sri Lanka and Myanmar. The land border of India is 15,106.7 km and the coastline of India is 7,516.6 km. Ladakh is the only union territory that has three international borders with Afghanistan, China, and Pakistan. In this article, we have included a list of India’s neighboring countries and the length of international borders of these neighboring countries.
List of India’s Neighboring countries
|Neighboring Country||Capital||Length of Border|
|Sri Lanka||· Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte (Legislative Capital)
· Columbo (Executive Capital)
|Separated by the Gulf Mannar|
Neighbouring Countries of India 2023: Summary
- Afghanistan– Afghanistan has a borderline of 106 km with India and the border touches states like Jammu and Kashmir. The capital of Afghanistan is Kabul and the official language is Dari and Pashto. There are 34 provinces in Afghanistan.
- Bhutan– Border-line between Bhutan and India is 699 kilometers which touches states like Sikkim, Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, and West Bengal. The capital of Bhutan is Thimphu and the official language spoken in Bhutan is Dzongkha. There are 20 states in Bhutan.
- Bangladesh– The borderline of Bangladesh and India is 4156 km which touches the states Assam, Meghalaya, Tripura, Mizoram, and West Bengal. The capital of Bangladesh is Dhaka and the official language spoken in Bangladesh is Bengali. There are 8 provinces in Bangladesh.
- China– The border between India and China is 3488 km and the border touches Himachal Pradesh, Arunachal Pradesh, Jammu, and Kashmir Sikkim Uttarakhand. The capital of China is Beijing and the official language spoken in China is Mandarin. There are 26 provinces in China. It is the world’s most populated country and the fastest growing economy in the world.
- Myanmar– The border of India and Myanmar is 1643 km and it touches Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Mizoram, and Manipur in India. The capital of Myanmar is Yangon and the official language spoken in Myanmar is Burmese.
- Nepal– The length of the Nepal and India border is 1751 km which touch is the States Bihar, Uttarakhand, West Bengal, Sikkim, and Uttar Pradesh in India. The capital of Nepal is Kathmandu and the official language spoken in Nepal is Nepali. There are 7 provinces in Nepal.
- Pakistan– The borderline of Pakistan and India is 3323 km and it touches the states Jammu and Kashmir, Punjab, Gujarat, and Rajasthan in India. The capital of Pakistan is Islamabad and the official language of Pakistan is Urdu. There are four provinces in Pakistan.
- Sri-Lanka– Indian Sri Lanka and India border is a coastline which is separated by the Gulf of Mannar. The capital of Sri Lanka is Sri Jayavardenepura, the legislative capital, and Colombo, the executive capital. The official language of Sri Lanka is Sinhala and Tamil. There are 9 states in Sri Lanka.