P Udayakumar, Director (Plng and Mktg), NSIC, took additional responsibility as CMD NSIC with effect from 20 June 2022. He has a mechanical engineering degree from College of Engineering in Guindy, a postgraduate degree from IIM Bangalore, and 12 years of service on the Board.
Important Points about NSIC:
- The NSIC has been trying to support, encourage, and promote the growth of micro, small, and medium-sized businesses across the nation.
- NSIC functions through a network of offices and technical centres spread throughout the nation.
- Additionally, NSIC has established a Training and Incubation Center run by qualified personnel.
- NSIC offers a variety of carefully designed programmes to help Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises improve their competitiveness.
- Under the headings of Marketing, Technology, Finance, and Other Support Services, NSIC offers integrated support services.
About P UdayaKumar Career:
- Over the course of 12 years, he participated in numerous Ministry of MSME programmes and NSIC’s success narrative.
- He is on the Investment Committee of the SRI Fund, a PE growth fund under the Ministry of MSME.
- Additionally, he will preside over NSIC Venture Capital Fund Ltd. He writes about problems with MSME growth.
- Under the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, National Small Industries Corporation (NSIC) is a Government of India organisation with ISO 9001:2015 certification.