Union Minister for Commerce and Industry, Piyush Goyal has inaugurated e-SANTA, an electronic marketplace, to provide a platform for connecting aqua farmers and buyers. e-SANTA aims to raise income, lifestyle, self-reliance, quality levels, traceability, of aqua farmers.
About the “e-SANTA”
- e-SANTA stands for Electronic Solution for Augmenting NaCSA farmers’ Trade-in Aquaculture.
- Here, the term National Centre for Sustainable Aquaculture (NaCSA) is an extension arm of the Marine Products Export Development Authority.
- It will act as an alternative marketing tool between farmers & buyers by eliminating middlemen.
- The platform will help the farmers to get a better price and the exporters to directly purchase quality products from the farmers and enhancing traceability.
- e-SANTA Portal can be accessed through the following link: https://esanta.gov.in/