Prime Minister Narendra Modi recently launched a series of commemorative postage stamps dedicated to Ayodhya’s Ram Temple, marking a significant cultural event in India. This gesture not only honours the Ram Temple but also emphasizes the international appeal of Lord Ram across various societies.
Overview of the Commemorative Stamps
Design and Elements
- The collection comprises six distinct stamps, each featuring key figures and symbols associated with Lord Ram’s narrative, including the Ram Temple, Lord Ganesh, Lord Hanuman, Jatayu, Kevatraj, and Ma Shabri.
- The designs incorporate essential elements related to Shri Ram Janmbhoomi Mandir, showcasing the temple, the revered Choupai ‘Mangal Bhavan Amangal Hari,’ the sun, the Saryu River, and the sculptures in and around the temple.
- Each stamp is adorned with gold leaf detailing for the sun rays and the Choupai, adding a majestic touch.
- The launch includes a 48-page book featuring stamps issued by over 20 countries, such as the US, New Zealand, Singapore, Canada, Cambodia, and organizations like the United Nations.
- This collection is intended to showcase Lord Ram’s global popularity and influence across different societies.
- The stamps reflect the five physical elements of nature — sky, air, fire, earth, and water, known as ‘Panchabhutas.’
- These designs establish harmony and are symbolic of the universal principles that Lord Ram represents.
Ram Mandir: A Symbol of Faith and Unity
The Ram Mandir, located in Ayodhya, holds immense religious and cultural significance in India. The temple is dedicated to Lord Ram, a major deity in Hinduism and a central figure in the Indian epic Ramayana. The construction and consecration of the Ram Mandir have been long-awaited events, celebrated by millions across the nation and the world.
Pran Pratishtha Ceremony
- The Pran Pratishtha (consecration) ceremony of the Ram Mandir is a monumental event, with Prime Minister Narendra Modi as the chief guest.
- Over 7,000 attendees, including politicians, celebrities, industrialists, and saints, are expected to participate in this historic ceremony.
Important Questions Related to Exams
- What are the essential elements showcased in the designs of the commemorative stamps related to Shri Ram Janmbhoomi Mandir, and what majestic touch is added to each stamp?
- Apart from India, which countries and organizations are featured in the 48-page book accompanying the launch, and what is the purpose of this collection?
- What cultural significance do the stamps hold, reflecting the ‘Panchabhutas’ or five physical elements of nature and the universal principles Lord Ram represents?
- Describe the significance of the Ram Mandir in Ayodhya and the notable event associated with its consecration, including the expected attendees at the Pran Pratishtha ceremony.
Kindly share your responses in the comment section.