In the presence of Chief Minister N. Rangasamy, Lieutenant Governor Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan opened the Puducherry first-ever Beach Festival I Sea PONDY-2022.
- Gandhi Beach, Pondy Marina, and Sandunes of Paradise Beach in Puducherry will host the festival for four days.
- During the festival, there will be a variety of cultural events and competitions.
- Pondicherry (or Puducherry) was a French colonial settlement in India until 1954, and is currently a Union Territory town bordering the Tamil Nadu state in the southeast.
- The French Quarter, with its tree-lined avenues, mustard-colored colonial mansions, and stylish stores, preserves the city’s French heritage.
- Along the Bay of Bengal, a beachfront promenade passes various statues, including a 4m-high Gandhi Memorial.
Important Takeaways for all Competitive Exams:
- Puducherry Chief Minister: N. Rangaswamy
- Puducherry LG: Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan