Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) and Rolls-Royce have signed an MoU to establish packaging, installation, marketing, and services support for Rolls-Royce MT30 marine engines in India. Through this MoU, Rolls-Royce and HAL will expand their long-standing partnership in India and work together in the area of marine applications for the first time. This partnership will leverage the rich experience of HAL’s IMGT (Industrial and Marine Gas Turbine) Division that works on marine gas turbines with Indian shipyards.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
About the MT30 marine engines
- The MT30 is billed as the world’s most power-dense, best-in-class naval gas turbine currently in service with naval programmes worldwide in various propulsion arrangements across seven ship types.
- The MT30 has the potential to provide next-generation capabilities to the Indian Navy’s future fleet.
- The MT30 can deliver its full power of up to 40 MW in ambient temperatures up to 38 degrees Celsius, without any power degradation throughout the life of the ship.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited: CMD: R Madhavan;
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited HQ: Bengaluru;
- Rolls-Royce CEO: Torsten Muller-Otvos;
- Rolls-Royce Founder: Bayerische Motoren Werke AG;
- Rolls-Royce Founded: 1904;
- Rolls-Royce Headquarters: Westhampnett, United Kingdom.
Find More News Related to Agreements