Science 20 Engagement Group meeting under India’s G20 Presidency
Science 20, during the opening session of the Thematic Conference on Universal Holistic Health in Bangaram Island, Lakshadweep, India emphasized the significance of respecting and acknowledging cultural diversity in promoting universal holistic health.
Science 20 Engagement Group meeting: Key Points
- Co-chair of Science 20 and President of Indian National Science Academy, Prof. Ashutosh Kumar Sharma, underscored the importance of incorporating traditional healing practices into modern healthcare systems in upholding cultural identity and values, aside from health and well-being.
- He also expressed the need for various approaches to facilitate inclusive, equitable, and fair delivery of holistic healthcare.
- In addition, Professor Sharma called for the implementation of a robust mental health policy that emphasizes mental health as a fundamental human right that affects individuals, families, communities, and societies at large.
- He lamented the global mental health crisis caused by the stigma, neglect, and ignorance surrounding mental health and encouraged the scientific community to prioritize mental health and address the challenges it poses.
The two-day event, which had 48 delegates from G-20 countries, takes place as part of India’s G20 Presidency.
- India-UK Financial Markets Dialogue Explores Collaboration in Regulation and Sustainable Finance
- SCO Summit: India will host Summit in New Delhi on July 3-4