The Union Culture Minister Prahlad Singh Patel recently announced that around six cultural heritage sites have been added to the UNESCO World Heritage Sites. With this, the total number of sites in the UNESCO World Heritage Sites Tentative list has increased to 48.
The following six places have successfully entered the tentative list of UNESCO World Heritage sites.
- Ganga Ghats of Varanasi,
- Temples of Kancheepuram in Tamil Nadu,
- Satpura Tiger Reserve in Madhya Pradesh,
- Maharashtra Military Architecture
- Hire Benkal Megalithic site,
- Bhedaghat Lametaghat of Narmada Valley in Madhya Pradesh