South Korea’s Mina Sue Choi was crowned Miss Earth 2022 during the pageant’s coronation night on November 29 at Cove Manila, Okada Hotel, Parañaque City. There were 86 Eco-warriors, and only three queens were awarded the pageant’s three elements titles.
Miss Fire 2022 is Andrea Aguilera of Columbia, Miss Water 2022 is Nadeen Ayoub of Palestine, and Miss Air 2022 is Sheridan Mortlock of Australia. During the pre-pageant activities, Choi bagged a few medals too. She won resort wear, long gown, beach wear, and swimsuit competition.
South Korea’s Mina Sue Choi Crowned Miss Earth 2022 – Key Points
- The new queen inherited the title from Destiny Wagner, who was the first woman from Belize to capture a major international crown.
- Destiny Wagner won in a virtual competition conducted in 2021.
- Elements queens were crowned at the culmination of the completion.
- The Philippines’ representative, Filipino-America Psychology student Jenny Ramp from the province of Tarlac, finished in the Top 20.
- She was also proclaimed the best in Fauna Costume for Asia and Oceania.
- This is the 22nd edition of the annual international competition organized by Carousel Production to promote environmental protection.
- It also sought ambassadors to mount projects that help save the planet.
- Till now, four Filipino women have received the title including Karla Henry in 2008, Jamie Herrell in 2014, Angelia Ong in 2015, and Karen Ibasco in 2017.