The Union Education Minister, Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ launched the world’s first Microsensor based Explosive Trace Detector (ETD) called “NanoSniffer”. The ETD has been developed by NanoSniff Technologies, an IIT Bombay incubated startup. It is being marketed by Vehant Technologies, a spin-off from a former IIT Delhi incubated startup Kritikal Solutions.
Key features of NanoSniffer
- It is a 100% Made in India product in terms of research, development & manufacturing.
- The affordable device will reduce the dependency of the country on imported explosive trace detector devices.
- The device can detect explosives in less than 10 seconds.
- It also identifies and categorizes explosives into different classes.
- NanoSniffer can detect all classes of military, conventional and homemade explosives.
- It gives visible & audible alerts with a sunlight-readable colour display.
- The device will encourage other institutions, startups and medium-scale industries to research & develop products indigenously and thereby move a step towards Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s vision of a self-reliant India.