The Uttar Pradesh government has launched a campaign to empower girls from the underprivileged class. The Samagra Shiksha Abhiyan will work under the Aarohini Initiative Training Programme for the safety and security of girls in 746 Kasturba Gandhi Residential Girls Schools in Uttar Pradesh.
UP Government Launched ‘Samagra Shiksha Abhiyan’ Campaign- Key Points
- Director General of School Education Vijay Kiran Anand informed that the main objective of the Aarohini program, which will be implemented in three phases, is gender sensitization.
- In the first phase, teachers will be trained, which will start on 1st February 2023.
- Two teachers of every Kasturba Gandhi Residential Girls’ School will receive the training, who will then educate the students of their respective schools.
- Along with the teachers, the institution will also groom the girls through debates and other activities.
Objectives of the Aarohini Initiative Training Programme
The major goal of this scheme is Gender sensitization which is intended to address gender inequality concerns in the city. The campaign will be executed in three different phases, according to the announcement made by the Director General of School Education Vijay Kiran Anand.
- Aarohini Campaign’s main objective is to make all female students studying in schools independent and confident.
- The girls coming from the underprivileged section will be made capable and self-reliant, according to an official press release.
- This training program will enable the girls to raise their voices for their exclusive rights, as declared in the Indian Constitution.