The Kashmir Files
Vivek Agnihotri’s film ‘The Kashmir Files’ has been shortlisted for Oscars 2023. That means now this film has qualified to get an Oscar. Actors Anupam Kher, Mithun Chakraborthy, Darshan Kumar and Pallavi Joshi are also shortlisted for the best actor category. The story of Kashmir Files revolves around the mass exodus of Kashmiri Pandits in the year 1990 following systematic killings of people from the community by Pakistan-backed terrorists. The film was released in theatres in March 2022.
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has announced its list of films that are eligible for a nomination at the Oscars 2023. After RRR, there are three major entries from the Hindi film industry on the list namely The Kashmir Films, Gangubai Kathiawadi, and Rocketry. The films that impressed moviegoers with their storylines are expected to compete in their respective categories with some of the finest movies is shortlisted for the 95th Academy Awards.
Other shorlisted movie’s:
- Rishabh Shetty’s ‘Kantara’, Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s ‘Gangubai Kathiawadi’, Paan Nalin’s ‘The Chello Show’ and SS Rajamouli’s ‘RRR’ have also made it to the Oscar shortlist.
- Originally made in Kannada with a budget of less than Rs 16 crore, ‘Kantara’ went on to become one of the highest-grossing Kannada films with Rs 400 crore at the box office.
- Marathi films Me Vasantrao, Tujhysa Sathi Khai Hi, Kannada film ‘Vikrant Rona’ and R Madhavan’s ‘Rocketry: The Nambi Effect’ have also been shortlisted for Oscars 2023.
- The film ‘Rocketry: The Nambi Effect’ is a biopic of ISRO scientist Nambi Narayanan, who was accused of spying for ISRO and was later acquitted.
- Apart from these, Shaunak Sen and Kartiki Gonsalves’ documentary ‘All That Breathes’ ‘The Elephant Whispers’ is also a part of the list.
You may also read: