The World Bank Board of Executive Directors has approved a USD 32 million projects to improve management capacity and quality of health services in Mizoram. The project titled “Mizoram Health Systems Strengthening Project” will strengthen the governance and the management structure of the Mizoram Health department and its subsidiaries. This project will support the state government’s efforts to deliver quality healthcare for the poor and vulnerable and those located in remote areas.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
About the project:
- The key focus will be to strengthen the effectiveness of the state health insurance programme, build synergies with the Government of India’s Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojna (PMJAY), and thereby reduce financial barriers in accessing hospital services, prevent catastrophic out of pocket expenditure for health by poor families and expand coverage.
- The Mizoram Health Systems Strengthening Project will benefit the people across the state. It will also benefit healthcare personnel by strengthening their planning and management capabilities along with building their clinical skills and competencies.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- World Bank Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States.
- World Bank Formation: July 1944.
- World Bank President: David Malpass.
- Chief Minister of Mizoram: Pu Zoramthanga; Governor: P.S. Sreedharan Pillai.