World Nature Conservation Day is observed on July 28 every year. The objective is to spread awareness regarding the preservation of nature and biodiversity for a healthy environment which is required for stable and prospering humankind. It is also marked as the day to create positive opinions about climate change. World Nature Conservation Day acknowledges that a healthy environment is a foundation for a stable and healthy society.
World Nature Conservation Day 2022: Theme
This year World Nature Conservation Day will be celebrated under the theme “Cut Down on Plastic.”
World Nature Conservation Day 2022: Significance
The World Nature Conservation Day also creates awareness of the management and utilization of the resources. While the exact origin of the day is unknown, the aim of celebrating the day is to introspect on how we have exploited nature so far. Not only this but also to ponder upon the steps that we have been taking to reverse our actions and to conserve our mother earth. There is no denying the fact that it is due to the over-exploitation of natural resources that humans are facing the wrath of global warming, various diseases, natural disasters, increased temperature, etc.
What are the steps to conserve the environment?
- Use of alternative energy such as solar and wind energy.
- Plant more trees to maintain the ecosystem and to prevent soil erosion.
- Use the water resources in a proper way and reuse the kitchen water for watering the gardens.
- Grow vegetation in catchment areas.
- Reduce the usage of electricity.
- Use recyclable and biodegradable products.
- Ensure the recycling of wastes.
- Try to minimize the use of cars for a shorter distance.
- Use paper bags or cloth bag instead of plastic bags.
- Grow your own vegetables by using organic compost.
- Install water treatment plants and rainwater harvesting
World Nature Conservation Day 2022 History
The origin of World Nature Conservation Day is still unknown. The motto behind observing July 28 as World Nature Conservation Day is to create awareness about the importance of conserving nature.