World Vape Day 2022
World Vape Day is observed on 30th May across the globe to create awareness about the alternatives to harmful tobacco products and highlights the relative safety of e-cigarettes and their potential as harm reduction and smoking cessation tools. World Vape Day (May 30) is observed on the day before World No Tobacco Day(May 31), observed by the World Health Organisation(WHO). World Vape Day was initiated by the World Vapers’ Alliance(WVA). WVA was established by and receives funding from the Consumer Choice Center.
What is E-Cigarette?
- Chinese pharmacist Hon Lik invented electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes) in 2003 as an alternative to conventional smoking.
- There are several types of e-cigarettes which are the most common form of Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems (ENDS) and Electronic Non-Nicotine Delivery Systems (ENNDS).
- Vapes, vaporizers, vape pens, hookah pens, electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes or e-cigs), e-cigars, and e-pipes are some of the many tobacco product terms used to ENDS.
- The system uses a liquid to create aerosols which are inhaled by the users. This liquid may contain additives, flavours and chemicals that can be toxic to health.
- E-Cigarettes are estimated to be 95% safer than smoking cigarettes on 2021 world hunger day.