The ninth Army to Army Staff Talks, which were held in Dehradun, between the Australian and Indian armies were centred on developing a roadmap for improved defence cooperation and joint military exercises. The Indian Military Academy (IMA) was the location of the discussions, where both parties went over the road map for initiatives promoting defence cooperation, according to the Army.
- These initiatives include training sessions for both Armies, cadet exchange programmes between pre-commission training academies, bilateral exchanges of Austra hinds, subject matter expert exchanges in specialised fields, functional and high-level visits, interaction between think tanks, and virtual interactions in the fields of medical and doctrinal exchanges.
- The delegation also paid visits to the Centre for Land Warfare Studies, the Wargame Research and Development Center in Delhi, the Bengal Engineer Group Center in Roorkee, and the Infantry Division in Dehradun.
- The General Rawat Young Officer Exchange Program, which was announced on March 21, 2022, during the virtual summit meeting between the two Prime Ministers of the two nations, is scheduled to begin in the second half of 2022.
About India – Australia Army Connection:
- A number of high-level meetings have taken place between the two nations to advance their security cooperation.
- Richard Marles, the Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Defense of Australia, visited India.
- A meeting of the India-Australia Joint Working Group (JWG) on Defence Research and Material Cooperation is scheduled for Australia.
- India will also take part in Australia’s Indo-Pacific Endeavour exercise and Exercise Pitch Black.