The 55th National Library Week will be celebrated in all libraries of Andhra Pradesh from 14th November 2022. The 55th National Library Week will be a week-long celebration and will be inaugurated in Tummalapalli Kalakshetram by State Ministers Taneti Vanita, Botcha Satyanarayana, and Jogi Ramesh.
The 55th National Library Week celebrations would also give impetus to the School Education Department’s ‘We Love Reading’ initiative. The inauguration of Library Week also coincides with Children’s Day on November 14.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
Andhra Pradesh Celebrates 55th National Library Week- Key Points
- On November 16, tributes would be paid to veterans like S. R. Ranganathan, Pathuri Nagabhushanam, and Ayyanki Venkataramanaiah who played a crucial role in the library movement in the State.
- On November 17, poetry sessions and seminars would be held.
- on November 18, competitions such as drawing, essay writing, personality development, quiz, and various games and sports will be conducted for students.
- A discussion on Disha Act and Women’s Empowerment will be held on November 19. On November 20, ‘We Love Reading’ sessions will be held followed by the valedictory session.
- Seshagiri Rao, chairman of the AP Grandhalaya Parishad, stated that libraries had played an important role in the Indian Freedom Movement since 1918. Allowing people to band together for the common cause of independence while also educating themselves.
- He emphasized that Ayanki Venkataramaniah was the first to kick off Library Week celebrations every November 14th.