Ayushman Bharat Diwas 2022
Ayushman Bharat Diwas is celebrated on 30th April of every year across the country as a part of gram Swaraj Abhiyan. It is celebrated to promote the significance of the campaign to provide medical facilities to all the remote areas of the country and to provide healthcare facilities to every needy citizen in the country. On this day a scheme called Ayushman Bharat Yojana was also introduced by the prime minister of India Narendra Modi. The scheme is also known as the National health protection scheme.
Ayushman Bharat Yojana has been launched on 23 September 2018 by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. It is also known as Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY). The main goal of the Policy is to help the weaker section of the society, who are not able to get health care facilities. The policy has covered 50 crore citizens in India. The policy aims to provide cashless health facilities for poor people. Under the Ayushman Bharat policy, the beneficiary gets three days of pre-hospitalization and 15 days of post-hospitalization expenses. Other than this, all the other expenses including 1400 procedures and OT expenses are covered by the government. The Ayushman Bharat policy helps the economically backward classes by providing 5 lakh to each family every year.
Eligibility of Ayushman Bharat policy
• People of scheduled caste and people from tribal backgrounds are eligible to get the benefit of the policy.
• Families that have no males of age 16 to 59 years
• Families with no proper housing facilities
• Families with at least one handicapped member or no able-bodied member.
• Laborers who have no land or house.
• Beggars are also included in this policy, who are surviving on alms.
• Families who have no individual aged between 16-59
• Primitive tribal communities are also included in this policy
• Families who belong to scavenger backgrounds.
• labors who are bounded and are legally released.
List of diseases covered by Ayushman Bharat policy.
PMJAY funds about Rs. 5 lakh for each family every year to cover the health care essential for needy people. The extension for many critical illnesses is covered by the government. The list of illnesses is given below.
•Skull related surgery
•Double Valve Replacement
•Pulmonary Valve replacement
•Anterior Spine Fixation
•Carotid angioplasty with stent
•coronary artery bypass grafting
•Tissue expander for disfigurement following burns.
• Laryngopharyngectomy with gastric pull-up