Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL) received a nod from Central Government to go ahead with Rs 26,821 crore deal with Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) paving its way to launch 4G services in India. TCS is ready to set up the 4G lines and maintain the network for nine years.
BSNL will give Rs 10,000 crore worth of purchase orders to TCS soon. The state-run telco will aim to launch its 4G services by December 2022 or January 2023.
Centre Approves BSNL Rs 26,821 Crore 4G Deal with TCS- Key Points
- Tata Sons’ unit Tejas Network will manufacture the equipment locally for BSNL.
- TCS will provide the core equipment within 12 months of the order.
- Radio equipment would be provided within 24 months of receiving the order.
- The launch of 4G services, BSNL is also aiming to launch 5G services by August 2023.
- TCS aims to install 100,00 towers for the BSNL-MTNL network with the Rs 26,821 crore offer.
- Additional 25,000 towers will be set up in areas affected by left-wing extremism, Lakshadweep Islands, and 4G saturation areas.