The Ministry of Defence has constituted a High-Level Expert Committee, for a comprehensive review of the National Cadet Corps (NCC). Former Member of Parliament (MP) Baijayant Panda will be the Chairperson of the Committee. The 15-member committee will also include Cricketer MS Dhoni and Mahindra Group Chairman Anand Mahindra as members.
Terms of Reference of the Committee:
- Suggest measures to empower NCC cadets to contribute more effectively towards nation building
- Propose ways for gainful engagement of NCC Alumni for the betterment of the organisation
- Recommend best practices of similar international youth organisations for inclusion in the NCC curriculum.
About the NCC:
The NCC is the largest uniformed organisation that aims at developing character, discipline, a secular outlook and ideals of selfless service amongst young citizens. It also aims to create a pool of organised, trained and motivated youth with leadership qualities in all walks of life.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- NCC Founded: 16 April 1948;
- NCC Headquarters: New Delhi.