Supreme Court Bar Association (SCBA) president, Dushyant Dave has resigned from his post with immediate effect, he has forfeited his right to continue. Acting SCBA Secretary Rohit Panday confirmed the development that the senior advocate has resigned with immediate effect.
About the Supreme Court Bar Association:
- The SCBA is an Indian bar association, comprising the practising lawyers of the Supreme Court of India.
- The SCBA has been in the vanguard of the movement for upholding, maintaining and consolidation of the constitutional values of democracy, rule of law and independence of Judiciary. In its meeting dated 4th May 1951.
- The Committee in its resolution observed that no attempt should be made to abridge or limit the Fundamental Rights.
- The Committee further pointed out that the Constitution was in operation only for a short period of sixteen months and the Supreme Court had no occasion to pronounce on the validity of various State laws.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Supreme Court Bar Association Headquarters: New Delhi, India.