The Yogi Adityanath government in Uttar Pradesh is set to launch the ambitious ‘Free Smartphone Yojana on December 25, which is the birth anniversary of senior BJP leader and former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee. Under the scheme, the state government will distribute smartphones and tablets to final year students of graduation and above.
On December 25, the chief minister will distribute 60,000 smartphones and 40,000 tablets to the youths. More than 38 lakh youths have registered themselves on the Digi Shakti Portal. Further registration is going on.
- The candidate must be a student and an Uttar Pradesh resident.
- Final year students of MA, BA, BSc, ITI, MBBS, MD, BTech, and MTech, among others, will be given preference.
- Students with 60 per cent and above can apply for the scheme.
- The annual income of the family should not be above 2 lakh per annum.
UP Free Smartphone: Documents needed
• College Id Certificate
• Aadhaar Card
• Residence Proof
• Marks sheet
• Contact details
• Caste certificate (if needed)
• Recent Passport Size photo
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Uttar Pradesh Capital: Lucknow;
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister: Yogi Adityanath;
- Uttar Pradesh Governor: Anandiben Patel.