Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Jodhpur and National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to share expertise for the betterment of highway infrastructure.
About Memorandum of Understanding:
- The two institutions will work in domains which include transportation engineering, structural engineering, geotechnical engineering.
- They will also cooperate in hydraulics engineering, infrastructure systems, earthquake engineering, urban and rural planning and disaster management and planning domains.
- The MoU will enable Undergraduate and Postgraduate students of IIT Jodhpur to undertake internships from the above-mentioned domains.
- The joint activities will bridge the industry-institution gap and develop technologies that would be adopted in practice by NHAI.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- National Highways Authority of India Chairman: Sukhbir Singh Sandhu.
- National Highways Authority of India Headquarters: New Delhi.
- Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur Chairman: R. Chidambaram.
- Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur: Jodhpur, Rajasthan.