5G spectrum auctions are currently taking place in India. The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has stated that it has begun pilot testing the 5G network at selected areas around the nation in advance of the spectrum auction. TRAI has been testing the 5G network at four different sites around the nation. These places are Namma Metro in Bengaluru, Namma Port Kandla near Kutch in Gujarat, Bhopal Smart City, GMR International Airport in New Delhi, and Bhopal Smart City.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
- These 5G readiness tests were carried out by BSNL, Vodafone Idea, Reliance Jio, and Bharti Airtel.
- Bhopal, pilot testing was done at eleven different places. As a result, Bhopal is the first smart city in India to test the functionality of street furniture such as traffic signal poles, street light poles, smart poles, billboards, direction boards, road signage, foot over bridges, and city bus shelters on 5G networks.
- The Deendayal Port in Kandla near Kutch and GMR International Airport in New Delhi have now been designated as the nation’s first port and airport, respectively, to test 5G readiness.
- Bengaluru’s Namma Metro has become the nation’s first metro rail system to test 5G readiness.
- The MG Road Metro station in Nama Metro Bengaluru was chosen as the primary station to focus on 5G coverage at street level, in its concourse area, platform, and tracks on both sides.
In order to ensure the successful and quick rollout of small cells and optical fibre using street furniture in all smart cities, other cities and towns, ports, airports, metro rails, Industrial parks, and estates among others, TRAI to use data gathered during these consultations and learning from these pilots.
Find More Miscellaneous News Here