India’s 100 Richest 2022:
The world economy may be slowing but India’s richest have grown even richer this year. The Forbes 2022 list of India’s 100 richest is finally here, according to which, the combined wealth of India’s 100 richest grew by $25 billion to touch a colossal $800 billion. The top 10 richest Indians are worth a cumulative $385 billion. Adani Group chairman Gautam Adani has bagged the top spot on the list with a net worth of $150 billion. According to Forbes, the gain was largely due to a record-breaking feat by infrastructure tycoon, which changed the pecking order at the top for the first time since 2008.
Top 10 names in the list:
|RANK||NAME||NET WORTH (in Rupees)|
|1||Gautam Adani||Rs 1,211,460.11 crore|
|2||Mukesh Ambani||Rs 710,723.26 crore|
|3||Radhakishan Damani||Rs 222,908.66 crore|
|4||Cyrus Poonawalla||Rs 173,642.62 crore|
|5||Shiv Nadar||Rs 172,834.97 crore|
|6||Savitri Jindal||Rs 132,452.97 crore|
|7||Dilip Shanghvi||Rs 125,184.21 crore|
|8||Hinduja Brothers||Rs 122,761.29 crore|
|9||Kumar Birla||Rs 121,146.01 crore|
|10||Bajaj Family||Rs 117,915.45 crore|
New Faces on India’s 100 richest list:
- Falguni Nayar: With a net worth of $4.8 billion, as per the Forbes data, Nayar is on the 44th spot in the list.
- Rekha Jhunjhunwala: The wife of Rakesh Jhunjhunwala, who is fondly remembered as India’s very own Warren Buffet. At the 30th spot, Rekha Jhunjhunwala, 59, has replaced her husband on the list. She has a net worth of $5.9 billion.
- Nehal Vakil: The representative of the third generation of the Vakil family that is running Asian Paints, which was founded in 1942. The family’s total worth is $.52 billion.
- Venu Srinivasan: The founder of the TVS group, one of the largest two-wheeler manufacturers in the world, is also a new entrant on the list this year. He is also the recipient of Padma Bhushan, the third-highest civilian award in the country.
- Ravi Modi: The owner of Vedant Fashions, named after his only son. The manufacturer of Indian ethnic wear — known for the Manyawar brand — went public in 2022. His total worth is about $3.6 billion.
- Nirmal Minda: The Chairman and MD of UNO Minda (formerly Minda Industries), has the net worth of $2600 crore.
- Rafique Malik: Having listed Metro Brands last December, Rafique Malik figures on No. 89 with $2.22 billion. The privately held company is known for its brands such as Mochi, Metro and Walkway.
The returnees on India’s 100 richest list:
- Among the four returnees on the list is Anand Mahindra with a net worth of $2.2 billion or Rs 17,768.08 crore. Bhadresh Shah (Rs 15,345.16 crore), Anu Aga (Rs 18,010.37 crore) and Joy Alukkas (Rs 25,036.84 crore) are also among the returnees on the rich list.
- Paytm CEO Vijay Shekhar Sharma was a notable name among the drop-offs, who saw shares of his One97 Communications tank amid the global tech rout. The cutoff for the top 100 was $1.9 billion this year.