IT major Infosys and leading industrial tech company Rolls-Royce opened their joint “aerospace engineering and digital innovation centre’’ in Bengaluru, Karnataka. This centre has been established to provide high-end R&D services integrated with advanced digital capabilities to Rolls-Royce’s engineering and group business services from India.
As part of this collaboration, Infosys and Rolls-Royce will combine their aerospace, engineering and digital services capabilities to explore opportunities for driving digital and engineering innovation and associated cost optimisation strategies. Infosys and Rolls-Royce’s collaboration has been reinforced through strategic deals, aimed at yielding mutual benefits to both organisations over the next seven years.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Infosys Founded: 7 July 1981;
- Infosys CEO: Salil Parekh;
- Infosys Headquarters: Bengaluru;
- Rolls-Royce CEO: Torsten Müller-Ötvös (Mar 2010–);
- Rolls-Royce Founded: 1904;
- Rolls-Royce Headquarters: Westhampnett, United Kingdom;
- Rolls-Royce Founders: Henry Royce, Charles Rolls.