The Department of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj, Jammu and Kashmir, under the e-governance initiative has launched an app ‘Jan Nigrani’, intended to help people lodge their complaints related to various schemes online. The Jan Nigrani app is a 24×7 internet-based platform aimed at reporting and resolving the grievances of the residents of J&K, against various government schemes launched by the department.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
Benefits of the Jan Nigrani app:
- The app would act as a single link between the residents and the officials by mapping concerned authorities related to the complaint about faster grievance redressal. The app has been developed as an e-governance initiative to provide a 24×7 platform to the people for redressal of their grievances.
- The application has been set at the block level with a seven-day time slot to redress any particular grievance. It will also check bogus or false complaints and can be downloaded from the Google play store of android software.
- The app would also facilitate accurate reporting of grievances using customised scheme-specific input forms to ensure minimal rejections on account of incomplete information.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- J&K Lieutenant Governor: Manoj Sinha;
- J&K Formation (Union territory): 31 October 2019;
- J&K Capital: Jammu (winter), Srinagar (summer).