National Beach Soccer Championships
Kerala has crowned to their bulging cabinet of national football trophies, putting on a show in the final of the National Beach Soccer Championships and overwhelming Punjab 13-4, to win the title, at Dumas Beach, Surat. In the third place game played earlier in the day, Delhi beat Uttarakhand 3-1.
The game was a rematch of the group stage, where Punjab had won a close affair 6-5. On this occasion though, Kerala left them no chance, dominant from the first minute to the last. Kerala captain Kamaludheen opened the scoring for Kerala, blasting in a shot from the right 24 seconds after kick off to give them the lead. For the crowd that had arrived to watch this final, it was a precursor for the goal rush to come.
National Beach Soccer Championships: Key points
- Kerala’s goalkeeper Santhosh Kasmeer was awarded the best goalkeeper of the tournament.
- Rajasthan’s Amit Godara was the highest goalscorer, with 27 goals.
- The best player of the tournament was awarded to Kerala’s Siju S.
You may also read this:
- Gymnast Dipa Karmakar Handed 21-Month Ban After Failing Dope Test
- Saudi Arabia to Host Football’s 2027 Asian Cup