The Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) has declared Kushinagar Airport as a Customs notified airport. This would also facilitate international passenger movements including that of Buddhist pilgrims.
About the airport:
- The Kushinagar airport is an international airport spread across an area of 600 acres.
- It had been granted the licence to operate international flights by DGCA last February.
- In August, the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) extended the validity of the airport’s licence to operate international flights till February 21, 2023. The licence was due to expire on August 21, 2021.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- CBIC Chairperson: M. Ajit Kumar;
- CBIC Founded: 1 January 1964.