Lata Mangeshkar Death Anniversary
Today is the singing legend, Lata Mangeshkar’s first death Anniversary. The entire nation is paying her tribute in which ever way possible. Lata Mangeshkar, the legendary musical empress of Bollywood, celebrated her first death anniversary, and Sudarsan Pattnaik honoured her via his art. Mumbai has organised a lavish musical homage called “Latanjali” to mark the first anniversary of Bharat Ratna Lata Mangeshkar’s passing.
Let us have a look at some unknown and interesting facts about the singing legend Lata Mangeshkar:
Lesser-Known Facts about Lata Mangeshkar
● Lata Mangeshkar, also known as Swarkokila and the Nightingale of India, was the first musician from India to perform with the Wren Orchestra at London’s renowned Royal Albert Hall in 1974.
● Lata Mangeshkar is one of the best Indian playback singers ever, will continue to be heard through her melodies. Among the most enduring songs from Hindi film are her solos and timeless duets with Mohammed Rafi, Kishore Kumar, Mukesh, and a host of other well-known Indian vocalists. These are some fascinating details regarding the late singing legend.
● She had a passion for photography. Mangeshkar first experimented with a Rolleiflex camera and enjoyed taking images while on vacation in the US.
● She cherished spending the night playing the slots in Las Vegas while on vacation in the US.
● The late diva Lata Mangeshkar had stated in a previous interview with a British broadcaster “This might sound odd. However, I used to like my time in Las Vegas when I travelled to America. It’s a vibrant city. I had a great time using the slot machines. I never played cards or roulette, but I used to stay up all night playing slots. I often won thanks to my good fortune.”
● Cooking and watching cricket matches, primarily the test series on video cassettes, were two activities Lata Mangeshkar utilised to relieve her tension.
Interesting Facts about Lata Mangeshkar
● Lata Mangeshkar admitted in one of her interviews that she has bragging rights to signed photos from Sachin Tendulkar and Don Bradman.
● Lata Mangeshkar came from a long line of entertainers.
● Lata Mangeshkar was raised with a passion for music and the management of her father’s theatre company.
● When the sisters (Lata and Asha Bhosle) started singing, it was with the intention of continuing their father’s tradition.
● Nat King Cole, the Beatles, Barbra Streisand, Beethoven, Chopin, and Harry Belafonte were among the musicians Lata Mangeshkar listened to frequently.
● She enjoyed the Ingrid Bergman theatre and had gone to watch Marlene Dietrich perform live.
● Lata Mangeshkar also cherished watching movies. Her favourite Hollywood productions included Singing in the Rain and The King and I, both of which she claimed to have seen at least fifteen times. Another favourite was the James Bond movies, at least the ones with Roger Moore or Sean Connery.
● Lata Mangeshkar once admitted that she doesn’t listen to her own songs in an interview with an Indian entertainment website. If she did, her singing would have a hundred flaws.
● Another interest Lata Mangeshkar had throughout her life was cars. Lata Mangeshkar had a Mercedes, a Chrysler, a Mercedes-Benz, a blue Chevrolet, and a grey Hillman. She had nine pets at home.