The Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur (IIT-K) and L&T Technology Services (LTTS) have collaborated to carry out joint research in industrial and infrastructure cybersecurity. A multi-year memorandum of understanding (MoU) has been signed by LTTS CEO and managing director Keshab Panda and IIT Kanpur deputy director Prof Manindra Agarwal.
Important Facts of MoU:
- They will jointly set up a Center of Excellence (CoE) at the IIT Kanpur campus and conduct research in the areas of Honeypot (network-attached system set up to entrap cyber attacks and study hacking attempts), intrusion detection systems, malware analysis, blockchain, vulnerability assessment and penetration testing and provide cybersecurity awareness and training programs.
- The CoE will be a part of IIT Kanpur’s C3i Center, a central government-funded one-of-a-kind cybersecurity research centre, which was developed to work on solutions and technologies to protect India’s strategic and critical utility infrastructure.
- C3i is a Central government-funded cybersecurity research centre. Its aim is to do research, education and generate start-ups to create technological safeguards and to protect critical infrastructure.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Headquarters of L&T Technology Services (LTTS): Vadodara, Gujarat.
- CEO of L&T Technology Services (LTTS): Dr Keshab Panda.