After 42 years of its existence, the Palace on Wheels luxury train is set to embark on a new route, delving into the sacred Indian cities of Ayodhya, Kashi, and Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh. This significant alteration in its itinerary marks a departure from its traditional destinations, promising passengers a unique spiritual experience.
Journey into Sacred Indian Cities
- The Palace on Wheels, renowned for its opulence and comfort, has long been synonymous with exploring the royal heritage of Rajasthan.
- However, in a notable shift, it will now offer a six-day spiritual journey, traversing from Delhi to Ayodhya, Prayagraj, Varanasi, Mathura, and Vrindavan.
- This religious tour aims to provide passengers with a profound immersion into the cultural and spiritual tapestry of India.
Partnership with Cube Construction Company Pvt Ltd
- In a strategic move, the Rajasthan Tourism Development Corporation (RTDC) has entrusted the management of the Palace of Wheels to Gujarat-based Cube Construction Company Pvt Ltd for a duration of seven years.
- This collaboration underscores a commitment to enhancing the quality of service and expanding the train’s offerings to include religious tourism.
Embracing Spiritual Practices
- As part of the religious tour, the Palace of Wheels will undergo notable changes in its services and offerings. Traditionally known for its lavish culinary spread, featuring non-vegetarian delicacies and alcoholic beverages, the train will now cater to the specific dietary preferences of its passengers.
- During the spiritual journey, non-vegetarian food will be omitted, and the vegetarian cuisine will exclude onion and garlic, adhering to dietary guidelines observed during religious observances.
Immersive Experience on Board
- Passengers aboard the Palace of Wheels can anticipate a journey enriched with devotional experiences. Throughout the expedition, the train will resonate with the melodious chants of Ram and Krishna, creating an atmosphere conducive to spiritual reflection and contemplation.
- This immersive ambiance aims to elevate the travel experience beyond mere sightseeing, fostering a deeper connection with India’s rich religious heritage.
Flexibility and Customization
- To accommodate diverse preferences and interests, the Palace of Wheels will operate on the tracks twice a month, offering flexibility for travelers who may wish to embark on tailored trips.
- Special discounts will be extended for customized itineraries, ensuring accessibility and affordability for all.