The 75th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between India and the Netherlands is being commemorated this year. Sanjay Verma, Secretary (West) in the Ministry of External Affairs, and Marten van den Berg, Ambassador of the Kingdom of the Netherlands to India, launched a joint logo on March 2, 2022, to commemorate the occasion.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
- The logo features the national flowers of both the countries, the lotus and the tulip. The chakra in the heart of the logo represents our friendship, and the flag colours emphasise the ties that exist between Indians and Dutch people.
- Throughout the year, a variety of events and activities in a variety of sectors of cooperation, including water, agriculture, innovation, energy, climate, and culture, are planned to commemorate the 75th anniversary.
- The Netherlands gifted 3000 fresh tulips to India as a symbol of goodwill for Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav, which were planted in the Jawaharlal Nehru Bhawan gardens.
Relations between India and the Netherlands:
In 1947, India and the Netherlands established diplomatic ties. Since then, the two countries have established significant political, economic, and commercial ties, as well as a variety of sectoral collaborations.
Commercial and Trade Relations
- Trade and commercial collaboration are at the heart of the two countries bilateral ties. With USD 6.5 billion in FDI inflows in FY 2019-20, the Netherlands was the third-largest investor in India, after Mauritius and Singapore. Dutch investments in India totalled USD 36.28 billion between April 2000 and December 2020, putting them in fourth place.
- The Netherlands received USD 1.23 billion in offshore direct investment (ODI) from India in FY 2019-20, making it the fourth most popular destination for ODI from India.
- Bilateral trade was valued at US$6.55 billion in the fiscal year 2020-21 (April-December), with Indian exports to the Netherlands being US$4.33 billion and Indian imports from the Netherlands totalling US$ 2.22 billion.
- In India, there are about 200 Dutch enterprises. In addition, the Netherlands has around 200 Indian companies, including all of the main IT firms.