National Startup Awards 2021 is the second edition of the award ceremony, conceived by the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT). A total of 46 Startups have been recognized as winners of the National Startup Awards 2021 along with 1 incubator and 1 accelerator, by the Government of India. They have been felicitated for their contribution in their respective sectors.
Some winners in the list:
- State-wise, Karnataka bagged the highest number of awards, which included 14 out of 46 national startup awards.
- In fintech category’s financial inclusion sub-sector, Bengaluru-based Naffa Innovations Private Limited (ToneTag) was declared the winner.
- In fintech category’s insurance sub-sector, Umbo Idtech Private Limited won the award.
- In Robotics sub-sector, Sagar Defence was declared the winner.
- In the women-led start-up category, Jaipur-headquartered Frontier Markets was honoured.
Key points of the award:
- Over 2,177 applications were invited across 15 sectors and 49 sub-sectors for the award.
- These applicants were evaluated against six broad parameters namely Innovation, Scalability, Economic Impact, Social Impact, Environmental Impact, and Inclusiveness and Diversity.
- The National Startup Awards recognize and reward outstanding Startups and ecosystem enablers that are building innovative products or solutions and scalable enterprises.