In a significant move towards uplifting Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Groups (PVTGs), Prime Minister Narendra Modi is set to release ₹540 crore, the inaugural tranche of funding, for pucca homes under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Gramin (PMAY-G) on January 15. This disbursement, part of the recently launched PM-JANMAN package, aims to foster the comprehensive development of PVTG habitations.
PM-JANMAN Scheme for Pucca Homes-Key Points
- Financial Aid for Pucca Homes: The release of ₹540 crore serves as the initial financial boost for PVTG families, emphasizing the commitment to providing durable housing under the PMAY-G.
- Interaction with Beneficiaries: Prime Minister Modi will engage with PVTG beneficiaries via video conferencing, fostering direct communication and understanding the impact of the initiative.
- Nationwide Distribution: Simultaneously, officials across 100 districts will distribute benefits under the PM-JANMAN package to Gram Panchayats and village chiefs, ensuring a widespread and efficient implementation.
PM-JANMAN Scheme: A Comprehensive Overview
The Pradhan Mantri Janjati Adivasi Nyaya Maha Abhiyan (PM-JANMAN) was launched on November 15, 2023. It is a significant government initiative targeting the socio-economic welfare of Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Groups (PVTGs) in India.
Key Aspects of PM-JANMAN
- Budget Allocation: The scheme has been allocated a substantial budget of approximately Rs 24,000 crore, indicating the government’s commitment to this cause.
- Target Group: PM-JANMAN specifically focuses on the upliftment of PVTGs, aiming to improve their overall living conditions and integrate them into the mainstream socio-economic framework.
- Critical Interventions: The scheme encompasses 11 critical interventions, executed through the collaboration of 9 different Ministries. These interventions are strategically designed to address various fundamental needs of the PVTG communities.
Areas of Focus: The key areas targeted by PM-JANMAN include:
- Safe and secure housing.
- Access to clean drinking water and sanitation facilities.
- Enhanced educational opportunities.
- Improved health and nutrition.
- Reliable electricity supply.
- Better road and telecom connectivity.
- Sustainable livelihood opportunities.
Vision and Objectives of PM-JANMAN
PM-JANMAN aligns with the Prime Minister’s vision of Antyodaya, which emphasizes reaching out and empowering the most vulnerable sections of society, especially those at the farthest end of the socio-economic spectrum. The scheme is a testament to the government’s dedication to ensuring the welfare and upliftment of tribal communities, focusing on inclusive growth and development.
Implementation Strategy of PM-JANMAN
- Collaborative Approach: The scheme involves a cooperative effort between various ministries and the state governments, ensuring a holistic and integrated approach towards the development of PVTGs.
- Empowerment and Self-Reliance: One of the core objectives of PM-JANMAN is to empower PVTG communities, enabling them to become self-reliant and actively participate in the nation’s socio-economic progress.
Significance of PM-JANMAN
- Comprehensive Development: By addressing multiple aspects of development, PM-JANMAN seeks to provide a comprehensive upliftment to the tribal communities, enhancing their quality of life and ensuring their well-being.
- Integration into Mainstream Society: The scheme aims to bridge the gap between PVTGs and the broader society, facilitating their seamless integration into the mainstream, while respecting and preserving their unique cultural identities.
Important Questions Related to Exams
1. Question 1:
What is the objective of the PM-JANMAN scheme launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi?
2. Question 2:
On which date was the PM-JANMAN package inaugurated, and what significance does this date hold?
3. Question 3:
What are the key focus areas of PM-JANMAN in improving the socio-economic conditions of Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Groups (PVTGs)?
Kindly share your responses in the comment section!!