On October 31st, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated the ‘Mera Yuva Bharat (MY Bharat)’ platform, a groundbreaking initiative designed to empower the youth of India. This autonomous body, established by the Union Cabinet on October 11, 2023, aims to serve as a technology-driven facilitator for youth development and youth-led progress, fostering equitable opportunities and fostering a sense of social responsibility among young individuals.
- ‘Mera Yuva Bharat (MY Bharat)’ envisions a harmonious blend of physical and digital engagement, enabling young people aged 10-19 years to seamlessly connect with programs, mentors, and local communities.
- The overarching goal is to deepen their understanding of local issues, nurture leadership skills, and encourage active participation in finding constructive solutions.
- This initiative aligns with India’s vision of becoming a “Viksit Bharat” (developed India) as the nation celebrates its 75th year of independence, paving the way for a transformed India by 2047.
- Leadership Development:
- Enhance leadership skills through experiential learning.
- Foster social innovation and community leadership among the youth.
- Alignment between Aspirations and Community Needs:
- Facilitate a better understanding and alignment between youth aspirations and community requirements.
- Efficiency through Convergence:
- Converge existing government programs to enhance efficiency and maximize impact.
- Centralized Youth Database:
- Establish a centralized database to track and support youth development initiatives.
- Improved Two-way Communication:
- Enhance communication channels between youth, government initiatives, and other stakeholders engaged in youth-centric activities.
- Phygital Ecosystem:
- Create a unique blend of physical and digital experiences, ensuring accessibility and active engagement.
Need for Mera Yuva Bharat
- Role in Amrit Kaal:
- Acknowledge the critical role of youth in shaping India’s future during its pivotal phase of development towards an ‘Amrit Bharat’ by 2047.
- Uniting Diverse Youth:
- Bridge the gap between rural, urban, and rurban youth, creating a unified platform for all.
- Contemporary Technology-led Engagement:
- Leverage modern technology and social media to engage youth effectively in relevant programs and activities.
- Creating a Phygital Ecosystem:
- Establish a phygital ecosystem where millions of young individuals act as “Yuva Setu,” connecting government initiatives with citizens, ensuring seamless interaction.