During the 18th All India Legal Services Authorities’ convention, which was held here, National Legal Services Authority Chairman Uday Umesh Lalit unveiled the first digital Lok Adalat driven by artificial intelligence. Rajasthan State Legal Services Authority’s (RSLSA) digital Lok Adalat was created by Jupitice Justice Technologies, the organization’s technological partner.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
- N V Ramana, the Chief Justice of India, opened the two-day event in the presence of Kiren Rijiju, the Union Minister of Law and Justice, and Ashok Gehlot, the Chief Minister of Rajasthan.
- India’s increasing litigation backlog has recently made attention, particularly during the pandemic when courts were temporarily halted.
- The oldest pending case in the nation was recently resolved by a district court in Bihar after 108 years of deliberation.
- The NITI Aayog report also estimated that it would take 324 years to resolve every case now outstanding in India.
- According to the survey, between 5 million and 40 million legal issues arise each month but only between 75% and 97% of them end up in court.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Chief Justice of India: N V Ramana
- Union Minister of Law and Justice: Kiren Rijiju
- National Legal Services Authority Chairman: Uday Umesh Lalit
- Chief Minister of Rajasthan: Ashok Gehlot