India’s most valuable celebrity of 2022
According to a report by Kroll, a corporate investigation and risk consulting firm, actor Ranveer Singh has been named India’s most valuable celebrity of 2022, surpassing cricketer Virat Kohli who held the top spot for five years. The report titled “Celebrity Brand Valuation Report 2022: Beyond the Mainstream” reveals that Singh’s brand value is $181.7 million.
Virat Kohli, who previously held the top spot, has fallen to the second position with a brand value of $176.9 million, according to the Kroll report. Kohli’s brand value has been decreasing for the past two years since he resigned as the captain of the Indian men’s cricket team. In 2020, his brand value was over $237 million but steeply declined in 2021 to $185.7 million, resulting in his current second-place ranking.
Other celebrities in the list:
- The Kroll report reveals that Akshay Kumar and Alia Bhatt have maintained their positions as the third and fourth most valuable celebrities in India, with brand values of $153.6 million and $102.9 million, respectively.
- Deepika Padukone has moved up two ranks to the fifth spot with a brand value of $82.9 million, and has since become the brand ambassador of Qatar Airways and PotteryBarn.
- The report also includes Amitabh Bachchan, Hritik Roshan, and Shah Rukh Khan in the top 10 most valuable celebrities.
- Former cricketer MS Dhoni is ranked sixth with a brand value of over $80 million, while Sachin Tendulkar has entered the top 10 for the first time, ranking eighth with a brand value of $73.6 million.
- For the first time, South Indian stars Allu Arjun and Rashmika Mandanna have made it to the list of India’s top 25 most valuable celebrities.
- Olympic gold medallist Neeraj Chopra and PV Sindhu tied at the 23rd spot with a brand value of $26.5 million, according to the report.
You may also read this:
- Global Terrorism Index – India ranked 13th, topped by Afghanistan
- TIME list of World’s Greatest Places of 2023 Released, 2 Indian Places Makes the list