SIMBEX 2022 maritime exercise: From October 26 to October 30, 2022, Visakhapatnam will play home to the 29th Singapore-India Maritime Bilateral Exercise (SIMBEX). The two phases of SIMBEX-2022 are the Harbour Phase at Visakhapatnam and the Sea Phase in the Bay of Bengal. On October 25, 2022, RSS Stalwart (a Formidable Class Frigate) and RSS Vigilance (a Victory Class Corvette), two ships from the Republic of Singapore Navy, arrived at Visakhapatnam to take part in the exercise.
Bank Maha Pack includes Live Batches, Test Series, Video Lectures & eBooks
SIMBEX 2022 maritime exercise: Key Points
- On October 25, 2022, Vice Admiral Biswajit Dasgupta, Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Eastern Naval Command, and Rear Admiral Sanjay Bhalla, Flag Officer Commanding Eastern Fleet had a visit from Rear Admiral Sean Wat Jianwen, Fleet Commander, Republic of Singapore Navy.
- Discussions about topics of mutual interest took place at the meetings.
- During the Harbour Phase, there were numerous professional and recreational exchanges between the two fleets, including cross-deck visits, SMEEs, and planning sessions.
- Exercise Lion King was the original name for the SIMBEX series of exercises, which debuted in 1994.
- Over the past two decades, the exercise’s complexity and scope have significantly increased to incorporate cutting-edge naval training that encompass a variety of maritime missions.
- The drill is a prime example of India and Singapore’s intense maritime cooperation. It also emphasises the two countries’ dedication and support for boosting marine security in the Indian Ocean region.
Important Takeaways For All Competitive Exams:
- Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Eastern Naval Command: Vice Admiral Biswajit Dasgupta
- Flag Officer Commanding Eastern Fleet: Rear Admiral Sanjay Bhalla
- Fleet Commander, Republic of Singapore Navy: Rear Admiral Sean Wat Jianwen